Thursday 7 March 2013

On being a woman.......


On being a woman……

Being a woman is seeing the world with wide, wide eyes……in awe of everything and tired of nothing, wanting to devour experiences, places, countries, sensations, aromas, and scenes with an energy that burns through me. 

I burn, I burn. 

Everything I want to do, I want to do with passion. I want to see everything in hyper-reality, I want to be the ethereal butterfly flitting across the Earth. 

Nobody can confine me. I live in my own country, a place that has no name and that allows no one entry but me. It's my own inner female country that is beautiful and sensual and free. 

I will walk the Earth without chains; I will make my decisions freely; I will love my children more intensely than any man; I will be encircled by my Earthly family, the communities and friends from one continent to the next who want only to live without fear. I love the money in my life, the way money keeps me safe. I am in charge of everything I earn and I spend it only on things of beauty, that enhance my life and the lives of those I love. 

I love my femaleness, adore my body, my womb, my breasts, my skin, my hair, my eyes, my mouth, the complexity of my mind, my freedom to be whoever I want to be. And nothing will stop me loving the woman I am, not age, not circumstance, not fear.....

I have shed the men in my life who have dared to try and stop me.....I surround myself with men and women who never try to force their will on me or 'tame' me.

No rule or stereotype or tradition or saying or expectation is every going to enchain me. To my female ancestors I am linked. To Huda, to Silvia, to you all, in all countries and across all time I fly with you. To the daughter in my mind I say I go with you…..

To the female half of the Earth I say I love you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment